Organize your staff into groups based on functions.
Teamwork makes the organization work
Harnessing the collective expertise of your library staff starts with a structured yet flexible approach to team management. The Skilltype platform helps you organize your staff.
- Organization administrators can create specialized teams.
- Organization administrators can designate team leaders with the authority to add team members.
- Team leaders can assign curated lists of training resources to offer layers in professional development.
- Enables personalized learning paths within a collective framework.
- Managers can monitor active participation in training and subject focus, gaining valuable insights.
- Managers can identify existing expertise within the group and explore future training topics.
- The Skills Inventory highlights acquired skills and product experience among team members.
Real-world applications for teams
The versatility of this feature shines through in its real-world applications. By offering a flexible framework for team-based learning, it allows you to centralize and personalize professional development. The result? A staff that’s well-trained and well-aligned with your library’s strategic goals.
- Mirror departmental structure by using Teams to align training with specific functions and responsibilities for each unit.
- Create teams for shared learning goals, harnessing collective energy for educational objectives.
- Establish teams exclusively for new staff, streamlining onboarding with essential readings and training.
- Includes robust analytics accessible to team managers.
- Analytics provide a comprehensive snapshot of team engagement and skill development.
- Analytics layer empowers team managers to guide professional development effectively, aligning individuals and organizations with strategic objectives from Needs Assessment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Skilltype’s talent platform uses real-time data to help information professionals and their teams identify, develop, and share expertise. The platform aggregates thousands of training resources, opportunities, and talent profiles of individuals, describing each with a controlled skills vocabulary to create a personalized career and organizational development experience.
Skilltype is used by library managers and their teams, along with communities, conference organizers, and vendors that train information professionals. Customers include libraries of all sizes ranging from 5 employees to 500 across North America, Europe, and Asia. Skilltype’s largest customers have thousands of data points being surfaced to help inform career pathways and organizational development strategy.
Skilltype indexes training resources and opportunities from over 100 conferences and training providers, enhances the records with our proprietary skills ontology, and delivers them to users through a personalized recommendation engine. We also partner with training providers who aim to grow and engage their communities using Skilltype’s tools.
Small libraries can be up and running in a day or two. Larger libraries may require more conversations and take up to a week or two. No implementation or professional services teams required. Just appoint a project manager to coordinate with our onboarding team on the timeline you set to roll it out across your organization.
Skilltype is priced on a per-employee basis. Most libraries sign annual or multi-year subscriptions, but we support shorter pilots for larger organizations with complex use cases. Skilltype also works with consortia to streamline your procurement process and offer discounts for Enterprise capabilities with additional features and premium support are available for organizations upon request. Contact us to get more details.
Signup for a quick demo to see Skilltype in action.