Skilltype is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
This accessibility statement applies to the website content with the domain name “skilltype.com”.
The Standard We Adhere to
Skilltype strives to be Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG) AA compliant. The WCAG is an open standard for determining accessibility. AA compliance is considered good support for a website geared toward a global audience.
What We Are Doing
As of July 21, 2023, Skilltype has taken the following actions to maintain accessibility compliance:
- Both automated and manual tests were used to ensure compliance.
- Automated testing was conducted using Equalify, which ran axe-core, an automated accessibility testing engine.
- Manual testing was conducted by Decubing Website Services (Decubing) using guidelines from WCAG 2.1. Decubing aimed to meet Level AA conformance, as defined in the WCAG.
- After conducting manual and automated testing, any issues that violated WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance were remediated.
In addition to semantic HTML, these features are set up specifically to work with assistive technology:
- Distinct, descriptive page titles.
- Ordered headings to construct a logical document flow.
- Unique, descriptive names for links, buttons, and other interactive controls.
- Alternative descriptions for non-text content.
- Removing repetitive, redundant links to the same destination from the Accessibility Tree.
- Small amounts of ARIA to help address gaps in assistive technology support.
Feedback and Contact Information
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Skilltype’s Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Skilltype’s website by filling out the form on our contact page.